Text as Symbols
LessonPix offers more than 500 templates of visuals and learning games, along with thousands of picture symbols to create custom materials. There are times when our members need words in place of the picture symbols. These "text as symbols" may include sight words, proper nouns, spelling words, or classmates names. We have 2 ways to create text as symbols to use in templates: 1. Symbol Builder and 2. Add Text Symbols.
1. Symbol Builder
The Symbol Builder allows members to create custom symbols by combining symbols, text, or photos. Here you can type the text and customize the text color, size, and font.
- Click Symbol Builder (Menu Bar)
- Select "Text" Tab: Write your text and select font and colors.
- Create Symbol: Once you have the position, size, and name your symbol (plus other clip art you'd like to add), click "Create Symbol" and add to your tray.
2. Add Text Symbols
If you need to add a list of words, use the "Add Text Symbols" under "Your LessonPix tab, and it will make your entire list fast! Just type each word separated by commas. The font will use "Comic Sans" and can be color (red), stencil (black), or B/W (outline). Color can be changed in the Re-color Tool.
Note that LessonPix already has many Words in our library.
Here is the summary:
- Go to "Your LessonPix"
- Scroll down to "Add Text Symbols"
- Enter the words separated by commas and choose style.
Examples from Sharing Center
Here are some sample materials using text!
1. (Free sample!)
2. Animal-Word Puzzle Match
3. Flash Cards for Jack Hartmann's Sight Word Rap #2
Have fun Creating!!